Social media content calendars are the best way to plan and organize upcoming content. Content calendars typically include upcoming pieces, status updates, planned promotional activity, partnerships, and updates to existing content.
WHY DO I NEED A CONTENT CALENDAR?
- A well thought out content calendar will help you to stay organised and on top of your content production plans.
- It will ensure that you don’t forget about your content resources and publish them as planned.
- It will help you to think about upcoming content and plan for future collaborations.
- It will give you an overview of what you have in the pipeline so that you can make necessary amendments or additions.
You cannot create a calendar without including various forms of content. Grab a coffee with your team or associates and brainstorm creative content solutions for your products and services.
CHOOSE YOUR CHANNELS
The calendar is directly linked to the channels that you choose to publish your content on. Pick your channels as you develop and design your content. Each channel offers a different way to reach out to your audience.
The most important part of the process is creating the content. List the resources needed and develop the content to the highest quality that you can manage. Skills and budget needs to be clear before you start designing.
Once you have developed the content it is up to you when you want to slot it into the calendar. If you know your target customer you may know the time of day and day of the week that they prefer to engage with content.
HOW TO CREATE A CONTENT CALENDAR
- Set Clear Dates, Days and Times of your content publication
- Create a visible, organised system
- Make a content folder for your assets
- Keep the calendar accessible to everyone who is involved in creating the content
- Be Everchanging and Flexible
- Be realistic in terms of the forms of content you can build and publish within a certain timeframe.
- Schedule and Publish