Do you want to position yourself or your brand as an expert? Twitter is a great platform for this and a powerful tool for creating brand awareness.
Tweeting at events and conferences is the perfect way to reach an already engaged audience and draw attention to your profile. You don’t always need to have a plan when you are live tweeting and you will often stumble upon something that youo know your twitter followers will enjoy so don’t be afraid to tweet it out. However, if your your objective is to encourage brand engagement it may be worth having a plan before the event takes place. Here are a few event twitter tips to consider before you take to the stage:
- Find out the hashtag that you will be using
- Follow the speakers and attendees
- Create sample tweets and images that you can use
- Set up a stream to follow event updates
- Don’t hide your personality, let it shine
- Tweet quotes from speakers
- Answer questions that attendees are asking
- Tag relevant brands and attendees
To develop an effective Twitter strategy for your next event get in touch with the team and we would be delighted to help you achieve your goals.